Most cams trade low-end power and torque for upper horsepower or top-end performance for low-end torque. Küryakyn's Wild Things® Cams are finessed to give wide usable power-bands with strong low end, big torque, high horsepower and extended RPM ranges. Low noise and long valve train life are also features built into our Cams. No other cams on the market can replicate the results of Wild Things® Cams, period!
Wild Things® Cam Grinds are offered in four drive configurations:
- All Cams designated without a letter suffix (example: TC-1) are chain drive style cams for '99-'06 Twin Cams and use stock splined gear and chain. ('99 Models with keyed drive gear will have to install a splined gear.)
- All Cams designated with a "G" (example: TC-2G) are gear drive Cams and require an S&S gear drive and installation kit (sold separately).
- All Cams designated with a "D" (example: TC-2D) are chain drive style Cams for '06 Dyna and '07-'08 Twin Cams and use stock cam chain drives.
- All Cams designated with a "U" (example: TC-2U) are designed to upgrade '99-'06 Twin Cam engines to use the '06 Dyna/'07-'08 chain drive and oil pump. See sidebar for details.
u series cams...
Allow you to upgrade your '99 to '06 Twin Cam to Harley's new roller chain drive with hydraulic tensioners and the higher volume oil pump of the '06 Dyna and all '07-'08 Twin Cam Models.
With Wild Things® quiet-running Cam profiles and the H-D's new drive system, your engine will be whisper quiet and have great performance. H-D's new higher volume oil pump provides consistent and better oil pressure along with better scavenging. With U Series Cams, you can have the latest in Harley technology and Küryakyn performance in your '06 and earlier Twin Cam.
Converting '99-'06 silent chain cam drives to the '06 Dyna/'07-'08 Twin Cam roller chain requires new parts from H-D in addition to the Cam Shaft Set from Küryakyn. These parts are listed below, but can also be found in the H-D 2006 Dyna® parts catalog (#99439-06) or the applicable '07 or '08 parts catalog for your bike.
- 26037-06 - Oil Pump Assembly
- 25355-06 - Cam Support Plate Assembly
- 4741 - Support Plate Screws
- 11461 - Retaining Ring (front cam)
- 25683-06 - Inner Roller Chain
- 39969-06 - Inner Chain Tensioner
- 25675-06 - Outer Roller Chain
- 39968-06 - Outer Chain Tensioner
- 25729-06 - Spacer (.100 for cam alignment; use as required)
- 25731-06 - Spacer (.110 for cam alignment; use as required)
- 25734-06 - Spacer (.120 for cam alignment; use as required)
- 25736-06 - Spacer (.130 for cam alignment; use as required)
- 25737-06 - Spacer (.140 for cam alignment; use as required)
- 25738-06 - Spacer (.150 for cam alignment; use as required)
- 25673-06 - Crankshaft Sprocket (17 teeth)
- 25728-06 - 34 Tooth Stock Rear Cam Sprocket
(used only with '02-'06 engines)
- '99-'01 engines must use a 34 Tooth Rear Cam Sprocket. This item is available from Drag Specialties as P/N 0925-0147.
Parts such as gaskets and screws may be needed to complete the conversion to roller chains.